About Us - Blue Ridge Bank

 

~ Celebrating 120 Years ~

 

Mission Statement

 

“To provide a wide range of financial services 
with an emphasis on quality, ethics and superb customer relations.”

Our History
Our Board Of Directors
Our Officers & Managers

 

BRB History

Blue Ridge Bank was chartered and organized in 1893 as a state institution under the title “Page Valley Bank of Virginia”. The Bank officially opened for business on Monday, January 3, 1894 with paid in capital of $15,000 and a charter maximum of $25,000. At the time of its organization it was the only bank in Page County, Virginia.

 

The first location was in a building that had been formerly occupied by the private bank of D F Kagey and Company. The building, located at the corner of Main and Bank Streets in Luray, still stands. In 1928, the Bank moved from its original location to its present location at 17 West Main Street in Luray, Virginia. The original building was erected at a cost of $60,000. The building has since been remodeled several times into what is now the Bank’s main office.

 

In 1897 the Safe Deposit Department was established. The Bank was converted from a state bank to a national bank and the name was changed to “The Page Valley National Bank of Luray” in April of 1902. The Savings Department was established in 1909, paying interest on savings deposits at the rate of 3.0%.

 

The beginning of the Great Depression caused the failure of over 7,000 banks across the nation during 1930 through 1933. As a result, on March 6, 1933 President Roosevelt ordered that all banks be closed in order to prevent a run on the nation’s money supply. People were in a panic and believed that their money was unsafe in their banks. Even on this day, The Page Valley National Bank remained open to its customers. A story that has been passed down is that Mr. Landrum, the President of the Bank at the time, refused to close. He drove to the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and brought back a substantial amount of cash to display in the vault. He believed that if the Bank’s depositors could see their money, they would feel that it was indeed safe and business would proceed as usual.

 

The Bank opened its first branch at 612 East Main Street, Luray, in June of 1974 to provide an additional location convenient to the new shopping center in East Luray. Our second branch in Shenandoah Virginia opened in March of 2002. A third branch in McGaheysville, Virginia opened in April of 2003. On October 15, 2011 the name was changed from The Page Valley Bank to Blue Ridge Bank. In November of 2011 we opened a fourth branch in Charlottesville, Virginia. On February 1, 2013 we consolidated our East Luray Branch into our main location. 

  

Blue Ridge Bank is extremely proud of its more than a century of customer based service, and looks forward to serving its current and new customers for many years to come, with the attention and service that only a locally owned independent community bank can provide.

 

 

Board of Directors

Larry Dees
James E. Gander II

John H.H. Graves
Robert S. Janney
Monte L. Layman
Richard L. Masincup

William H. Stokes
Malcolm R. Sullivan, Jr
 

 

 

 


 

Officers & Managers

Monte L. Layman
President/CEO

Brian K. Plum
EVP/CFO

Benjamin T. Horne IV

EVP/CLO

Adam J. Powell
VP/Financial Advisor

Ann M. Mann
VP/Retail Operations

Cynthia D. Fravel
VP/Operations

Kelly A. Potter

VP/Commercial Loan Officer

Dianna C. Keeney

AVP/Loans

Julie A. Catron

AVP/Credit Administrator

 

Sharon S. Lamb
Assistant Cashier

Jonathan B. Comer

Commercial Lender

Cheryl E. Petefish
Loan Officer

Kimberly F. Good
Loan Officer

Juanita A. Woodward

Branch Manager/Main Office 

Timothy W. Bailey
Assistant VP/Branch Manager

Shenandoah & McGaheysville 

Laura S. Breeden

Branch Manager/Charlottesville

Donna S. Dofflemyer

Compliance Manager

                    

 

 

 

 


HEALTH
SAVINGS
ACCOUNTS


Learn More! -->